For a gourmet dinner or even a brunch, we opt for the savory waffles. Not just anyone. We share with you a delicious recipe for sweet potato waffles, which is very simple to prepare. Discover the nugget.
If we know well sweet waffles, which we enjoy for breakfast or as a snack, the case is a little less so with the tasty waffles. However, this category of waffles allows you to prepare excellent meals for dinner or even brunch. In this sense, we have a great recipe for sweet potato waffles to offer. She has everything! She is simple, quick to prepare and above all delicious. Small bonus, we share with you some ideas to accompany you well.
Sweet potato waffles: the easy recipe to reproduce for dinner
If the sweet waffles They are perfect for snacking, savory waffles are ideal for dinner or brunch. To familiarize yourself with this type of meal, start with this sweet potato waffles recipe.
Makes 4 waffles
- 250g sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 125g flour
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- 20g melted butter
- Start by peeling sweet potatoes. Cut the vegetables into large cubes.
- Take a large pan of water to boil. Add the diced sweet potato and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes. Place them in a salad bowl and mash them with a potato masher until you get a good puree.
- Separate the egg whites egg yolks.
- In the salad bowl, add with sweet potato, egg yolk, flour and yeast. Mix well. Pour in the milk and melted butter and mix again.
- In a bowl, assemble beat the egg whites or with a mixer. Gently fold the egg whites into the sweet potato using a spatula.
- Oil and makeup Heat the waffle iron.
- Put two small dough shells. Cook the waffles for 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat the operation until you run out of dough.
Sweet potato waffles: how to make a sweet version?
Sweet potato is a vegetable that naturally has a sweet flavor. Therefore, it is possible to make sweet potato waffles in a sweet version. To do this, just replace some ingredients. Then, replace salt and pepper with cinnamon or nutmeg. In addition to adding a sweet flavor, these seasonings further enhance the flavor of the sweet potato.
Sweet potato waffles: how to serve them?
Sweet potato waffles go well with a wide variety of foods. You can serve them alongside the waffles and as a garnish, just above the waffles. To make it simple and delicious, opt for a green salad or raw vegetables (carrots, cucumbers, celery, etc.). Otherwise, place another cooked vegetables like green beans, broccoli, etc. As a garnish, there are many options available to you. According to your taste, Flank your sweet potato waffles with eggs (fried, poached, scrambled), slices of salmon, or slices of avocado. Even more surprising is that their sweet potato waffles can double as a base for sandwiches instead of slices of bread.