Do you want to enjoy good pancakes, but you don’t have any more butter or do you want to make the recipe lighter? See how to make delicious pancake batter without butter.
Looking for’a light and delicious alternative for your mornings or gourmet snacks? Discover our recipe for pancake dough without butter, an option as tasty as the traditional version. Perfect for lovers of light and healthy flavors, this recipe offers alternatives that guarantee soft and tasty pancakes, without compromising texture or flavor. Let yourself be guided step by step to make delicious crepes, opting for a lighter option.
How to replace butter in pancake batter?
you may want replace butter in the classic pancake recipe for several reasons: if you run out of butter, if you prefer to opt for a lighter version or if you follow a lactose-free diet (in this case, you will also need to replace cow’s milk with vegetable milk).
The most common option is to replace the butter with an equivalent amount of vegetable oil like sunflower or coconut oil. This helps maintain the texture soft pancakes while preparing them some more light.
You can also replace the butter with vegetable margarine to preserve the flavor and texture of butter in pancakes, but without the lactose.
Ingredients for butter-free pancake batter
The recipe for pancake dough It’s really not complicated to do. We opted for a recipe with sunflower oil but you are free to choose the alternative to butter you prefer. Here it is the ingredients you need for 4 people :
- 250g flour
- 2 eggs
- 500 ml of milk
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (such as sunflower oil)
For your crepes to be a success, use a good frying pan that doesn’t stick.
Preparing the butter-free pancake batter recipe
Once all the ingredients are gathered, you can proceed to preparing the pancake dough recipe. Follow these few steps :
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the eggs and mix well until you get a thick batter.
- Gradually add milk while continuing to mix to avoid lumps. The consistency should be smooth.
- Add vegetable oil to the dough and mix again. It replaces butter while ensuring a pleasant texture.
- Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes. This allows the ingredients to mix well and results in lighter pancakes.
- In a hot pan, place a small ladle of dough and spread it until it forms a thin pancake.
- Cook on both sides until golden.
Repeat the process until the dough runs out. Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppingsbe they sweet (to spreadjelly, Honeysugar, Chestnut cream…) or salty (cheese, egg, Ham, mushrooms, potatoes…). Enjoy your food!
We earn a commission on products featured on Oh! My Mag when you make a purchase on our website. Prices are provided for informational purposes only and are subject to change.