Are you looking for a perfect kitchen and want to be inspired by the techniques of great chefs? You knocked on the good door! In this article we will reveal some tips that come directly from the kitchens of famous chefs.
Start with the right ingredients
To make a tasty recipe worthy of Michelin-starred restaurants, you must first and foremost choose quality ingredients. Chefs attach extreme importance to the selection of their products, who choose fresh, local and seasonal. In summer, for example, choose vegetables like zucchini or tomatoes from the market.
Master your basic techniques
Chefs rely on specific culinary techniques to guarantee the flavor of their dishes. Some are easy to reproduce at home:
- Make it back: This involves quickly toasting the ingredients with a little fat to brown them nicely.
- Deglaze: To recover the cooking juices, deglazing the dish with alcohol or broth is an essential step in the kitchen.
- Make a sauce: The gradual addition of cold butter to a hot preparation produces a velvety, creamy sauce.
Bonus tip: actions to adopt in the kitchen
The chefs also give some tips to make your dishes even tastier:
- Rest your meats: Once cooked, let them rest for a few minutes so the heat is distributed evenly. The juice thus released will be an excellent base for your sauce!
- Season sparingly: To avoid masking the flavors of the other ingredients, don’t overdo it with salt, pepper and seasoning.
- Always try: Before serving, always check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Master cooking and seasoning
A good chef must know how to master the preparation of his food to obtain a perfectly prepared dish. Each food has its ideal temperature and cooking time:
Meat and fish
To properly seal meat and fish, heat a frying pan with fat (butter, olive oil) until very hot. Then add the pieces, without overlapping them, and cook for the recommended time. Turn them regularly to prevent them from sticking. Cooking must be quick to keep the ingredients soft.
The vegetables should be crispy and well seasoned. To do this, immerse them in a pan of boiling salted water and drain them as soon as they are cooked.
To steam, place vegetables in a basket over boiling water. Cooking time varies depending on size and freshness. Don’t leave them too long so they retain all their flavor!
Presentation is essential to make you want to taste your dish! Take, for example, the careful presentations on gourmet tables: arrange the ingredients well on the plate, without adding too much. Then add the sauce or juice around the plate, respecting the proportions so that each guest has their share.
Pay attention to the temperature of your dishes
A dish served at the right temperature makes all the difference in flavor and texture. Chefs pay attention to this detail to offer a pleasant taste experience to their customers:
- Red meat and fatty fish are usually served at room temperature to better appreciate their flavor and delicacy.
- Cold starters, such as salads, should be kept refrigerated until ready to serve to preserve their freshness.
- Hot dishes should be kept warm in the oven at a low temperature (around 60°C) before being served.
By following the advice and tips from the kitchens of great starred chefs, you will be able to create a deliciously perfect kitchen and impress during your convivial meals. Practice regularly to be successful without failing in these actions that make all the difference in the kitchen!