This site may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide revenue to you. Read my disclosure policy.
One of the best things on the PF Changs menu is the Crispy Fried Green Beans. These green beans taste even better, It is you can make them at home! They have a delicious crunch and are seasoned to perfection!
Fried Green Beans Recipe
These fried green beans are so crunchy and delicious! Also known as green bean fries, this recipe is quick and easy and your whole family will love it!
I first tried these green bean fries at PF Changs and I couldn’t get enough of them! But going out to eat isn’t always an option, so I wanted to recreate them at home. This recipe was not only delicious but, in my opinion, even better than the originals! Serve them with this Super Easy Mongolian Beef and these Asian Turkey Sausages with Lettuceand it will be like eating out, but better (not to mention a LOT more leftovers)!
Ingredients you need
Fresh green beans, some ingredients to make the dough and that’s it! You have the most delicious breaded green beans! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all the exact measurements.
- Green beans: Cut the ends off the green beans and wash them well before using them in this recipe.
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour for these green beans.
- Maize starch: This will help you get that fried outer edge.
- Egg: I always use large eggs when I’m cooking.
- Club Soda: Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use, so that it is very cold.
- Vegetable oil: This is where you will fry the green beans.
- Salt and pepper: You can use coarse salt or garlic salt to flavor the beans.
How to fry green beans
This recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes from start to finish. These crunchy breaded green beans are the stuff appetizer dreams are made of!
- Preparation: Heat oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit in a large pot or fryer. Wash and cut the ends of the green beans.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, add the flour and cornstarch and mix well.
- Beat the egg: In another bowl, beat the egg and add the club soda.
- Combines wet and dry ingredients: Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Dip and fry: Dip each green bean into the batter and place it in the oil pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from the oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat the steps until all the green beans are cooked.
- Season and serve: Season with salt and pepper. Serve with sriracha mayonnaise or your favorite sauce.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
You can store any leftover green beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator and they will last for 2 to 3 days. To reheat the fried green beans and make them nice and crispy again, you can reheat them in the frying pan or in the oven. Don’t use the microwave, or they will get soggy.
Pin this now to find it later
Heat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit in a large pot or deep fryer. Wash and cut the ends of the green beans.
In a medium bowl, add the flour, cornstarch and mix well.
In another bowl, beat the egg and add the club soda.
Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
Dip each green bean in the batter and place in the pan with oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from the oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat the steps until all the green beans are cooked.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve with sriracha mayonnaise your favorite sauce.
Calories: 4311caloriesCarbohydrates: 86gProtein: 19gFat: 442gSaturated fat: 68gPolyunsaturated fat: 252gMonounsaturated fat: 101gTrans fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 699mgPotassium: 1080mgFiber: 14gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 3403UIVitamin C: 55mgCalcium: 209mgIron: 8mg
Nutritional information is automatically calculated so should only be used as an approximation.